My Settings allows you to change your password and email address, update your curriculum notification preferences, set your preferred language, and more.
My Account Password
You can change your password in Atlas by clicking My Settings option in the drop-down menu under your account name, then go to Change Password box.
1. Type in your current password.
2. Type in your new password, then confirm it.
3. Click Update Password button. The new password will be applied the next time you login to Atlas.
My Account Email Address
You could use multiple email addresses in Atlas to log in and control where to receive Atlas notifications. Click My Settings option in the drop-down menu under your account name, then go to Email Addresses box.
1. Type in the email address, then click Add.
2. The system will send a verification email to that email address to confirm your ability to access this email address.
You can't start using an email address in Atlas without verification.
Email Notification Preferences
Select the preferred email and the type of activity alerts for which you want to be notified. Click My Settings option in the drop-down menu under your account name, then go to Notification Preferences box.
You can set the frequency of the emails you receive to:
- Always: real-time updates.
- Digest Form: Daily or Weekly.
You will continue to receive the applicable number badge notifications in your Communication Commons even if you turn off email selections.
You may change the language for your Atlas site’s interface and layout. This will change the text of your buttons and menus. Click My Settings option in the drop-down menu under your account name, then go to Language Preferences box.
This option does not change or translate the content in any unit. For instance, if curriculum in a unit was written in English, changing your Language Preference to Chinese will not translate that curriculum into Chinese.
The selections you make in Teaching Preferences help ensure you receive notifications applicable to you in the school channel in your Communication Commons. Click My Settings option in the drop-down menu under your account name, then go to Teaching Preferences box.
Making changes to your Teaching Preferences does not impact your assigned course maps.Example: You selected 8th for Grades and Science for Subjects:
- Any notifications from a System Admin regarding the 8th grade-level team curriculum review session will go to your school channel.
Make sure to update your Teaching Preferences if your teaching assignments change to ensure you receive pertinent notifications for that academic year.
Sign Out of Atlas
It is important to sign out of Atlas after each session. This will prevent anyone else from making changes to your curriculum maps.
1. To sign out, click Sign out in the drop-down menu under your name. It is also a good idea to close the browser window once you have logged out of Atlas.
2. If you need to log back into Atlas before closing your browser window, you can click on the Atlas icon and sign back in.