Your school may have enabled users to maintain their own list of course assignments, while others may restrict this ability to only the System Admins.
If it's enabled, you'll see an Edit Course Assignments>> link right under your courses when you click the Develop tab.
Edit Course Assignments
The Edit Course Assignments link in the Develop tab allows users to create a new Course, join an existing Course, or collaborate with another user. The ability for users to edit their Course assignments is an optional feature in Atlas.
1. Click the Develop tab.
2. Click Edit Course Assignments>> link
- Click Join to add a course to the list of courses you're developing (as a Curriculum Developer).
- Click Teach to add a course to the list of courses you're teaching (as a Teacher).
Click Edit to modify the school, grade, subject, or, if enabled, add and remove users from a Course map.
Click Delete to remove yourself as an assignee to a course.
Click View to open the curriculum map in a new tab or window.
Join or Create a Collaborative Course
1. Click Edit Course Assignments. Two lists of courses currently assigned to the user will appear on the right hand side. The top list is for the courses where the user is assigned as a Curriculum Developer, and the bottom list is for the courses where the user is assigned as a Teacher.
2. Select School, Subject, Grade, and Course Title, if it is known, from the drop-down menus, for the course you wish to join. The list of courses matching the selected criteria will appear below the menus. If your school has designated map types, the map type indicator will appear in parentheses to the right of the Course title.
3.Optional: If you can't find a course to join, click the Create New Course Title? link to open a free text box and create a new course title. If you can't see this link, it means you don't have the privileges to create new courses. Contact your school's system admin to create new course titles. Your System Admin's email can be found under the Support tab > Your Support Team in Atlas.
4. Click Join to join a Course as a Curriculum Developer, or click Teach to join a course as a Teacher.
5. If enabled, you might be prompted to send a request to one or more System Admins or to other users assigned to the course.
You may select one or more recipients. Only one will need to approve your request for you to be added to the course.
The Course you requested to join won't be listed in your list of courses until it's approved.
Create a New Course
Can't find the Course title you’re looking for? You have the capability to request that a new Course title be added to your school's list of approved Course titles.
From Develop, click Edit Course Assignments:
1. Use the filters to find the desired subject, then click the Create New Course Title? link to suggest a new Course title.
2. Type the Course Title that you would like to create in the text field.
3. Click New to request the new Course title, and add a new course title to the list of available Course assignments.
4. Click Join or Teach to assign yourself as a "Curriculum Developer" or "Teacher" respectively.
The new Course will be available to you in Develop, while the request is pending approval by your System Admin. The System Admin may modify the Course title you suggested or select a different Course title from your school's approved list. Curriculum in your map will not be affected by a change in the Course title.
"New", "Join" and "Teach" buttons
- New to create a new blank course for yourself. Once clicked, the course will be assigned to you as a Teacher AND as a Curriculum Developer.
- Join to add a course to the list of courses you're developing (as a Curriculum Developer).
- Teach to add a course to the list o courses you're teaching (as a Teacher).